Greetings Dear Readers!
Yes. It is the second day of the new year; and yes, this is the second half of December 2002 news. My only
excuse is that I got carried away with migrating content and forgot to write to you about what was
going on. Just as when I do my weeding into the after hours of dusk, I kept saying, "But just one more."
As one year winds down and a new one approaches the horizon, Career and Executive Recruiting Advice
continues its transplanted maturity. More additions are on the site. They're about a 50/50 split between CERA
and The Library.
You'll also want to check the newest articles on the site. Three guest articles that are "have to read,"
whether you're a job seeker or a recruiter, are:
Additional site additions and modifications are covered a little later in this newsletter.
- Doing What Sells by Barbara Ling.
She expertly explains the strategies that are effective in making a sale. Applicable to whether you're selling a
client on using your services or a potential employer on hiring you.
- Jim Rapson explains to us Rapport: How to Get It. The way he
explains NLP makes the whole process seem effortless. Again, you'll want to know about these techniques for
any situation. It's bound to help you win your audience.
- Brian Whitfield then explains the art of Managing Large Placement Orders. Even if it isn't a placement order but a huge project, you'll want to follow his organization strategies so you
can wear the successful outcome on your lapel.
Some Dates Worth Noting
Admissions Exam Test Dates
- Jan 11 -PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test)
- Jan 25 -SAT I and SAT II
- Feb 8 -LSAT and ACT
- April 26-MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test
- Jan 6 - AIM's E-Mail Marketing 101 Seminar
Please mention value code RK6013 when registering
- January 30 - deadline for distributing W2s to U.S. employees
- Jan 14 - Sizing Up for Success career search workshop. See Discussions for details
- Jan 19-22 - Oracle AppsWorld
- Jan 23-24 - AIM's Permission E-Mail Marketing
Please mention value code PW7003 when registering.
Watch for the AIRS Leadership Summits in March. They promise to have a lot you'll want to know for
making your Entrances into the management and leadership of your company. "The Leadership Summits
bring HR and recruitment professionals, executives, and decision makers together with industry and regional
experts and leaders to educate, inform, and discuss issues important to today's recruitment and HR
- AIRS recruiting classes and seminars
- Jan 6- Search Lab - Web
- Jan 6- Applications
- Jan 7- Search Lab - Web
- Jan 7- Files and Databases
- Jan 10- Aggressive Headhunting
- Jan 13- The Recruitment Industry
- Jan 13- The Recruitment Process
- Jan 14- Find New Clients
- Jan 14- Be the Recruiter of Choice
- Jan 9 - Finding the Best Diversity
Candidates; Also on : Jan 27, Feb 6, Feb 25
- Jan 7 - Sales Track
- Jan 8 - Recruiter Track
- Jan 14 - Mining for Clients
- Jan 14 - Conquering Objections
- Feb 11 - Mining for Quality Candidates
- Feb 11 - The Art of Closing
- Jan 10 - ADA,
FMLA and Workers' Comp in CA by Lorman Education Services - check the site for other dates and
locations throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Jan 24 - Koach Sales Performance Seminars how to avoid
the 'sales roller coaster' by mastering the art of consistent sales performance - based in U.K.
Jupiter Media Events
Calls for Papers/Calls for Products
Staffing.org has a call for papers for their Human Capital Metrics Summit. Email
email@example.com or visit the site for details.
Jupiter Events has a Call for Products for its allNet Devices conference in San Jose. What they say is:
"Jupiter Research is launching a search for the leading products and technologies that will enable the vision of
Digital Ubiquity. Ideally, these will be brand new products or technologies, not previously announced.
Products that have shipped prior to 2003 will not be a primary focus but will be considered."
For more details, go to the Call for Products page.
Institute for International Research has periodic calls for papers but you can also submit your proposal
to be a speaker via their online speaker's proposal form
Also be certain to check the events calendars for niche
to name a few places where you'll find where people are connecting.
Those of you considering attending any of these functions that are out of your area will want to check the Travel Resources
that are listed on the Discussions : Calendar page for special membership savings, perks, and other great
deals you don't want to miss.
Those of you who want translation of the content can use Babel Fish
Entrances Events Calendar