Yale Daily News Guide to Fellowships and Grants
Kaplan has combined the resources of The Yale Daily News and Reference Service Press to produce the definitive guide to obtaining
a fellowship or grant. You'll seize the competitive edge with Yale Daily News Guide to Fellowships and Grants with its wide
range of programs, insights from real students, and expert advice on creating an application package that gets you noticed.
This is the premier guide to accessing free money for graduate school.
- The latest and most accurate information on fellowships and grants in a wide range of fields, including public policy,
health sciences, law, business, and more.
- Comprehensive listings of the biggest and best-funded programs.
- Every fellowship and grant listed is worth at least $1,000, does not have to be repaid, and can be used at different
- Candid advice from students who have successfully gained entry into the grad school of their choice.
- Practical tips and expert advice on creating an outstanding application package.
About The Yale Daily News
The Yale Daily News, the nation's oldest college daily newspaper, is an independent, student-run, nonprofit organization.
Often called the "best unofficial undergraduate school of journalism in the country," The Yale Daily News alumni include highly-respected
and influential leaders across the professional spectrum, including journalism, law, the arts, business, and more.
Yale Daily News Guide to Succeeding in College
This is the authoritative going-to-college handbook written by students for students. Written from a students perspective,
The Yale Daily News Guide to Succeeding in College combines academic tips from top students around the country with insightful
commentary on the myriad other ingredients for a successful college experience -- from studying to the social scene. Its truly
the essential guide to surviving -- and excelling -- in college.
- Tactics for academic success, from writing papers to working with professors.
- Expert advice from real students on dating, alcohol, and handling the social scene responsibly.
- Guidance on incorporating extracurricular activities into your college experience.
- Inside tips and advice for minority students.
About the Author:
Shaheena Ahmad, an English and political science major at Yale University, was a news editor on the managing board of The
Yale Daily News.
Daystar Guide to Colleges for African American Students
Making the right decision requires having all the right information. The DayStar Guide to Colleges for African American Students
outlines what every African American student needs to know to find the right college, get in, and start laying the foundation
for a successful career. Written specifically for African Americans, this book contains candid advice from successful African
American professionals, expert admissions tips, and detailed information on top schools for African American students -- everything
you need to make one of the most important decisions of your life.
- In-depth profiles of the 100 Best Schools for African Americans.
- Special advice from some of the nation's top African American professionals.
- Expert guidance on getting into the school you want.
- Ratings on more than 400 schools on African American academic and social life.
- Facts and figures on the African American students and faculty at hundreds of schools.
- Detailed information on Black Studies programs, plus African American organizations, graduation rates, enrollment, and
About the Author
Thomas A. LaVeist, Ph.D., is founder and president of DayStar Educational Research, a firm specializing in research on African
Americans. Dr. LaVeist, an active health services researcher and scholar, is Associate Professor of Sociology and Health and
Public Policy at Johns Hopkins University. He has published numerous scientific articles in scholarly journals as well as
newspaper commentaries and magazine articles.
Guide to Studying in the USA
Making the decision to study at the university level in the United States is a significant commitment, and one that will have
lasting impact. There are countless decisions to be made before you arrive in the U.S., so make sure you have as much information
as possible. With expert advice on selecting the right school, understanding the admissions process, adjusting to life in
the U.S., and obtaining a visa, Guide to Studying in the USA is essential for any international student preparing for school
in the United States.
- Expert advice on the entire American university admissions process, including applications, visa requirements, essays,
admissions tests, and more.
- Information on what makes the U.S. educational system different.
- Important considerations for financing your education.
- Helpful hints and tips on adjusting to life in the United States and on campus.
- Section on the special issues that international students face.
- University listings with Web site addresses.
- Student visa requirements information.